Friday, March 5, 2010

My Red Head Bridal Consultation


I was so happy to work with Tina and her small bridal party, which really only consisted of her mother and mother in law. Obviously, the two most very special women in her life. We had everything mapped out for this consultation. Tina, had emailed exactly what she was looking for, for her hair (1/2 up do or 3/4 up do) and warned me "I'm a red head so we have to be careful" (for makeup). Really...how sweet is she? I giggled when I read her emails. Just seeing how detail oriented my bride was, I knew I was in for a treat...and a treat I was! She was beautiful. Before I even started applying pigment to her fair yet amazingly untarnished face, she was stunning. I told her "I am really only accenting what you already have.".
I got to work...her mother and mother in law keeping me quite entertained with fashion stories, sailing/yacht adventures....not to mention Tina and her fiancee had laid out a large assortment of brownies, fruits and veggies..what a girls day we were having! I forgot I was even working!
With red heads and I'm sure Tina can vouch, it is not the easiest matching color. My suggestions and rule of thumb is: never match eye shadow to eye color, stick with earthy colors, stay away from pinks and reds, as well as orange based bronzers.
Viola~ a beautiful bride and an eager fiancee. When we asked her adoring fiancee what he thought he said "She looks like I could marry her right now" even though his mother and mother in law were in aww of this love this man had for his fiancee, I was completely taken back and speechless. How beautiful and perfect their love is for each other. I am so happy they chose me to be a part of their magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment